OU Management Discussion
Read chapter 13, chapter 14 and chapter 15 from the textbook
In Chapter 14 of the text, the author discusses 22 consulting tips. After reading the chapter and reviewing the tips, choose the five (5) tips that you found the most interesting and applicable to you. Rank order the tips from 1 (most important) to 5 (least important).
For each of the 5 you chose, answer the following:
- Why did you choose this tip and rank it the way you did?
- If you were working as a consultant how would you implement each of these tips to improve your work?
- At the end of the chapter, the Author asks you to share any other tips you come up with. List one tip that is not one of the 22 listed and explain why you think it is important.
Part 1 needs to be 500 plus words and in APA format (refer chapter 13, chapter 14 and chapter 15 from the Management consultant textbook)
In the last few chapters of the text, the higher-level competencies of successful consultants were explained along with the importance of locating and developing productive long-term relationships with clients. Sometimes, this will mean turning down a lucrative consulting opportunity. For this discussion, explain:
- What are some reasons why you personally might say no to a consulting opportunity?
- How would you turn down an opportunity and still keep the door open for business with this client in the future?
- Review the client tips for buying consultancy in chapter 15. Which of these client tips do you think are most important for a successful client-consultant relationship? Why?
Part 2 needs to be 600 plus words and in APA format