Motivation and Emotion
Part I: Motivation and Emotion
A. Go to the website, and watch the following video hosted by Hank Green on motivation. Then, answer the questions below:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hdSLiHaJz8 (Links to an external site.),
- What is “motivation?” Please use information gained from the video.
- What are the four theories of motivation mentioned in the video AND what examples were given in each?
- What do you think are primary motivations for human behavior? That is, of the four theories mentioned, which do you think best explains behavior. Please make your answer well thought out—two or three sentence responses will not be accepted.
Watch the following video, and then answer the questions below:
- What role do you think emotions have in influencing human behavior? Bring out specific information in the video. Your responses should include information that you had seen from the video.
- What theories were mentioned in the video? Be specific to information brought out in the video.
- Are there basic emotions that are common to ALL cultures? Explain your answer.
Part II: Happiness
Okay…. because I couldn’t decide between two for this one…. I’ll let you choose. Choose between A or B for Part II. Again, do not do both—please choose one.
This clip is a lecture-style from one of the most well-known respected researchers in the area of happiness, Sonja Lyubomirsky. Here she discusses happiness, and current findings in this area. She discusses the characteristics of happy people, the benefits of happiness, and tips on how to be happier. If this sounds good, click here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCmjm5MvDlw (Links to an external site.)
After watching this, answer the questions below:
- What are the characteristics of happy people?
- What are the benefits of being happy?
- What does Dr. Lyubomirsky say about the possibility of being happier, and what steps can be taken? You have to watch the entire clip to answer this.
- What is meant by having a “baseline” level of happiness?
B This next one is a clip from 20/20 on happiness. This clip includes comments from Sonja Lyubomirsky who is a well-known researcher on happiness. This one is a bit more jazzy than the one above, but less informative (but still pretty good on summarizing the literature on aspects of happiness). Here’s a link to the clip,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv6xYmh4Y-w (Links to an external site.)
After watching the clip, answer the following questions:
- What are the meaningful components of happiness?
- What key points were made by Dr. Lyubomirsky about happiness not mentioned in your first response above?
- Are you a happy person? Why or why not?
- Using this information, what things can you do to be happier? Again, use information from the clip to formulate your response.
Answer as following forms in file