Module 1: Assignment
Write an essay addressing the following prompts:
- Electronic health records (EHRs) are easier to read than the paper charts of the past, but many complain that healthcare providers are focusing too much on the computer screen instead of the patient.
- Is this due to lack of skill or training, poor computer system design, or just the nature of computer charting?
- Is patient care suffering from the implementation of EHRs?
- Charting in an EHR consist of clicking boxes, do you feel this provides enough detail about the patient, condition, and events if there was a law suit?
- Hebda, Hunter and Czar (2019) identify three types of data that is currently being tracked by organizations (p. 46).
- Identify and explain another type of data, specific to your practice, that is being tracked by an organization.
- Why do you feel this data is important to track?
- Identify and discuss the organization that is tracking the data.
- Are there any ethical concerns with an outside organization tracking this data, explain and give examples?
- In this week’s discussion post, you identified and explain the topic selected for the project.
- Provide a description of your selected topic based on input from the discussion forum. What is your project, why is it relevant to this class, and why is it important to you?
- Identify an informatics/healthcare theory from pages 29-30 of the textbook that aligns with the project and explain why.
Length: 500 words per essay prompt/each section (1500 total for this assignment)
Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA style. These do not count towards the minimal word amount for this assignment. All APA Papers should include an introduction and conclusion.
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include at least three (3) scholarly sources to support your claims.
Rubric: This assignment uses a rubric for scoring. Please review it as part of your assignment preparation and again prior to submission to ensure you have addressed its criteria at the highest level.
Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx) or a PDF document (.pdf)
File name: Name your saved file according to your first initial, last name, and the module number (for example, “RHall Module 1.docx”)