Marketing Assignment 8
Assignment: Product and Place (Distribution)
MT219-4: Apply product and place Marketing Mix elements to a product or service.
GEL-6.02: Incorporate outside research into an original work appropriately.
Your task is the following: select one of the products or services and answer the checklist items thoroughly to complete.
Step 1: Select one of the following products for this Assignment for the fictional company Proserve Corp.
-A new cool mist humidifier that reduces dry air and also serves as an air freshener. Presently, the scents come in mint, apple and spice, and cinnamon.
-A new toothbrush that dispenses toothpaste automatically into the toothbrush with a small button on the handle. The toothpaste comes in a variety of flavors, including cinnamon, peppermint, spearmint, and bubble gum.
-A new wireless headphone and microphone that fit in the palm of your hand and have superior output and volume.
-A new foldable chair that can be carried in one hand and holds up to 300 pounds.
-A new transcription tool with 98% accuracy.
Step 2: Apply product elements to make this product complete by thoroughly describing them.
- Discuss the type of product you selected and include product attributes like quality, features, benefits, style, and design.
- Provide a proposed product line (depth) and product mix (the 4 P’s; width) for your good. See Exhibit 10.1 in the text.
- Describe the elements of the product’s branding (i.e., brand name, sponsor, and brand strategy).
- Provide a packaging plan and any warranty or copyright involved if applicable.
- Discuss the different distribution models available for getting the product from the producer to the consumer.
- Using scholarly research, explain the advantages and disadvantages of using intermediaries.
Provide 2–3 direct quotes
, or paraphrases from your research incorporating them into your paper where appropriate using APA 6th edition in-text citation style. Make sure to add an additional reference page that includes a reference for each article you cited in APA format.
- Considering factors like your brand and target audience, explain what type of retailers would be the best match for your new product and why.
- Provide a distribution model that would be most effective for the organization of your new product. Explain why it would be most effective.