Select and research of the following companies that has been in the news for an ethical dilemma. Prepare a PowerPoint about this company’s ethical dilemma, according to the following instructions. Sources are provided to assist you getting started (click company name link). You will need to further research the company as well as applicable ethical frameworks and related law.
CHOOSE ONE OF THESE COMPANIES/ISSUES:
1. Boeing – 737 MAX-8 Jet death crashes. If the hyperlink does not work, the URL is https://www.npr.org/2019/05/06/720553748/boeing-kn…
2. Purdue Pharma – opiod crisis, deceptive marketing. If the hyperlink does not work, the URL is https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/29/health/purdue-o…
3. Forever 21 – labor violation and other criticized business practices. If the hyperlink does not work. the URL is: https://corpwatch.org/article/forever-21-fails-com…
The following resources will also assist you, and attached is guidance for preparing a PowerPoint.
- Create a 12– 15 slide PowerPoint presentation that includes:
- Title slide with your name, course, date, school, title of presentation;
- Agenda slide – This lists the key points covered in the PPT;
- Content slides containing bullet points information with illustrations, diagrams, pictures, graphics etc., as appropriate to the slide’s content;
- Speaker’s notes on each slide – either text presented in the Speaker Notes section at the bottom of the slides or Audio through your Voice speaking (or both);
- Identify the company you selected and clearly state the ethical dilemma of the company. There should be only ONE ethical dilemma.
- Identify and define at least one ethical framework that the company executives appear to have actually used in making their decision. Note — Not “Should have used.” It is not acceptable to say they did not act ethically or did not use a framework. Analyze it. Frames include utilitarianism, free market ethics, deontology, virtue ethics , etc., covered in your course readings.
- Identify and define at least one ethical framework that the company executives should have used and explain how to apply it for them to have reached a better result than actually happened. Be clear.
- Identify and explain measures the company should implement to avoid this type of problem in the future.
- Within your discussion include whether the company had a code of ethics or policy that seemed to apply to the situation, and if so, what went wrong with that?
- Explain what business leadership in any company can learn from this situation.
- Have a conclusion that wraps up the key points.
- Include a Reference slide with your sources listed in APA format. (NOTE: Sources must be cited in slides and speaker’s notes for direct quotes, specific facts and graphics, same as in a paper, per APA format. If you are doing audio speaker notes, you would mention the source in your speaking narrative.)
- Your PPT should have a professional slide background and graphics on each slide. (See rubric)
- Submit your presentation here in the assignments section, as a PowerPoint attachment.
- Please compress your PPT (zip file) if necessary for uploading. There are several sources online to help you with compressing a PowerPoint presentation.
A Guidelines sheet, containing information and links, for designing a PowerPoint for this Assignment is attached to this Assignment.