Big Guns Org Change
The “Big Guns” of Organizational Theory
You will contribute to the collective knowledge of
organizational change theory by writing a succinct summary of the work
of the influential organizational theorist, Frederick Winslow Taylor, 1911, Scientific Management Theory. Use the name index beginning on p. 469 to find all occurrences
of discussion in Bolman and Deal (2017) about your theorist. Your task
is to complete the following:
- Create a succinct summary of the theory on organizational or human behavior in either
- At least 2 paragraphs
- A combination of drawings, diagrams, words, and bullets
- Cite a minimum of three sources used for your research. You must include
- The course text. Locate your theorist in the index in the Bolman
and Deal (2017) and read all information these authors include in their
book about your theorist.
- A minimum of one professional journal article. Use the Concordia Library Databases or a chapter or selections from a reputable text on either organizational change or organizational development.
- Any one web-based scholarly source. (Note: Wikipedia is not an acceptable source.)
- Your personal reaction
- What additional insights into organizations or human nature or
organizational change did this theorist provide for you? (2 paragraphs)
- What quote did you come across, or what three words would you use, that best described this theory?
- Consider your readings from Bolman and Deal (2017) and your work with the four frames early this week:
- Identify the “frame” of reference (i.e., structural, human
resource, political, symbolic) you believe this theorist drew from for
- What evidence for the frame exists in the theory?
Support your statements with evidence from the required studies and your research. Cite and reference your sources in APA style.