Assignment 3 Resume and Cover letter
Resume / Cover letter Assignment
Resume (100 points)
Create and submit a Resume with a Cover Letter.
Use your Text and “Resume Template” provided by Microsoft Word and other resources. Set up a “Resume” file on your computer as you want to tailor your template resume to employment opportunities. Then refer to the Personal Data worksheet that you created. Use your personal information to complete the Resume. Be complete, realistic, and HONEST on your resume.
The following section headings are included on the Resume Templates; you must complete all sections that apply to you. If you do not have any information to put in a section, then delete that section. You never want to have an empty section on your resume…just leave it out.
• Work Experience
• Volunteer Experience
• References – Available Upon Request
When you have completed your resume make sure you proofread it and make all necessary corrections. Submit your Resume with Cover Letter to CANVAS Resume / Cover Letter Assignment Module as a PDF.
Cover Letter (100)
1. Make a “Job Worksheet” by deconstruction a job description and plug in your skills
2. Open a blank Microsoft Word document and save in your files as “Cover Letter.”
3. Type your cover letter including the following information:
• Current Date
• Return address (your address)
• Letter address (who you are sending letter to)
• Salutation / Greeting with punctuation
• Body of the Letter:
1. 1st Paragraph (state the job you are applying for, how you learned about the job, and how interested you are in the position)
2. 2nd Paragraph (description of education, work experience, skills, etc.)
3. 3rd Paragraph (closing remarks, contact information, restate interest in job)
• Complimentary Closing (Sincerely Yours,)
• Signature block (sign your name and type your name right below)
• Use Block style (all paragraphs and text aligned left, no indenting)
• Spacing Requirements:
• 4 spaces after the date
• 2 spaces after the return address
• 2 spaces after the letter address
• 2 spaces after the salutation / greeting
• 1 space between each paragraph
• 2 spaces after third paragraph
• 4 spaces after Sincerely Yours
• Print the cover letter, sign your name in the 4 spaces provided for the signature block.
When you have completed the Cover Letter make sure you proofread and make all necessary corrections. Submit your Resume with Cover Letter to CANVAS Resume / Cover Letter Assignment Module as a PDF.
TYou will be applying for a College Intern Administrative Intern. Deconstruct and use following job description as a reference for your “Cover Letter” and “Resume”.
College Intern Administrative Intern
Requisition ID: 1546
Location(s): United States-California-San Diego
Business Sector: Education
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance will be available
Performs variety of status activities in support of program areas such as proposals, strategy, schedule and cost execution for the program manager. Gathers, collects, records, tracks and verifies data and information from multiple sources. Compiles, reviews and analyzes data. Generate reports, statistics, timelines, tables, graphs, correspondence and presentations for Grossmont Community College District. Provides data and information to others on functional unit processes and procedures.
Basic Qualifications: Currently pursuing AA/BS degree from an accredited university in Business or related field. Summer 2019 Internship, full time, 10 weeks. Must be full time student into Fall 2018.
Preferred Qualifications: Business management college coursework and interest in exposure to management of cost and schedule execution, team leadership, and government acquisitions.