Project Part 1
As your final course project, you will be preparing a poster presentation for an upcoming global health conference. Your poster will be about a disease affecting a global population. You plan to present the incidence and prevalence of the disease within the population, and discuss efforts to control, eliminate, and eradicate the disease. Before you can complete the poster, you need to do some research. For the first part of the project, you will choose a significant global health issue and complete a paper as per the instructions below. You may choose a specific disease, population, nation, etc. For example, you might choose Ebola in Africa, diabetes in American Indians, etc.
Content:In essay format, do the following:
- Explain the global health issue
- Describe the population affected by the disease, including demographics
- Present the incidence and prevalence of the disease within the population
- Discuss the implications of the global health issue
- Your final essay should be 3-4 pages.
- Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.)
- Logical, original, and insightful
- Professional organization, style, and mechanics in APA format
- Submit document through GrammarlyModule 06 Course Project – Part 2
Module 06 Content
Module 09 Course Project – Final Project Due
Module 09 Course Project – Final Project
You are continuing to prepare for the upcoming global health conference where you will present a poster presentation. In the first part of your project, you chose a significant global health issue as your focus and researched the incidence, prevalence and implications. In the second part of your project, you discussed how determinants of health impact your issue. For the final part of your project, you will research strategies to control the global health issue, and put everything together in a poster presentation.You may use the template linked below, or you may create your own.
You may combine information under headings, but your poster must address the required components:
- Title and your name
- Significance of the issue
- Incidence, prevalence, & implications of the issue
- Impact of determinants of health on the global health issue
- Strategies to address the issue, including each of the following:
- Efforts to control, eliminate, and eradicate the disease/issue
- Approaches to reduce a health disparity
- Interventions to improve healthcare access
- Use in-text citations and references.